Just a small update that will stop GeOrg from offering to open certain URLs and improve memory management for spoilers
Finally there’s a series of updates to GeOrg in the works. For starters, this bugfix adresses some of the most important issues with the current version:
- Support for new waypoint-types “physical/virtual stage”. Future new waypoint-types can be imported even GeOrg doesn’t recognize the type.
- Fixed “Navigation with Google Navigation”. Downside: Target name is not displayed within Google Navigation anymore.
- Some fixes to make gps-information more consistent. (no annoying “activating/active”-flickering anymore)
- Spoilers are now clickable and will open in 3rd-party tools for zooming and image-manipulation.
- Fixed long description in cache-details from being sized to large.
- Fixed long clicks in lists from triggering the short-click-function as well.
- Support for Giga Event and Groundspeak Block Party waypoint types.
Just a small update fixing display of Mapsforge-maps without themes.
Following the last release, here’s an update mainly providing some necessary bugfixes:
- Support for Mapsforge-Themes. Online-Documentation is still on my ToDo-List.
- Faster GPS-shutdown when GeOrg gets backgrounded
- Bugfix when trying to open cache online
- Crashfix when doing car-navigation
- A lot more bugfixes. Read more
I’m not quite done fixing all the stuff that you people report, so expect at least one more bugfix-release.
It has taken nearly a year for a new version of GeOrg. Sorry I left you waiting so long. Hopefully the next update is coming up quicker. This is what’s in the new release:
- Support for Mapsforge-Maps. This is pretty straight forward to use. Expect a short tutorial here on the site soon, though. Warning: Larger maps might lead to OutOfMemory-problems on older devices (e.g. full germany map on HTC Desire)
- Cache-Page remembers last fontsize set
- Automatically determining name for offlinemap
- Reworked Location-Code to be more consistent and avoid error with android 4.1.2
- Reworked attachment-import, hopefully finally fixed now
- When routing-calculation fails, don’t automatically switch to offroad, but ask the user instead
- Tons of bugfixes. Read more
I’m currently working on a new connector-sample. In the meantime – there is a 3rd-party connector using the official GC-API available at Google Play.
I just uploaded a new version of GeOrg to fix some serious issues that a few of you reported. Some features also crept in ^^
- The state (scrollposition, content shown) of the last 5 listings you viewed is now remembered by GeOrg and restored when you next open these caches.
- Support for new Groundspeak attributes
- The theme is displayed correctly at the settings pages on devices from all manufacturers.
- Fixed problems related to Android 4.0 and related to the GPS-implementation of some of the newer phones
- Fixed a problem with automatic Day/Night-Theme-change.
- Fixes for german translation
Next on the list is the broken connector-sample as well as the official Groundspeak API. Stay tuned.
Updated the connector sample to version 1.0.9. Changes:
- Fixed a bug related to Android 4.0 and HTTPS-Requests.
There are some more bugs occuring with some of the newer devices and android-versions. An update for GeOrg is on its way.
The connector sample is now at version 1.0.7. Changes:
- Fixed a bug with spoiler-handling.
- Fixed a bug concerning userdata.
Many of you have contacted me asking if GeOrg will continued to be maintained. It has been a pretty busy time for me lately and I couldn’t put as much effort into GeOrg as I would have liked to. Of course, development on GeOrg will continue. Please be patient if some updates take a bit longer.
The connector sample is now at version 1.0.6. Changes:
- Fixed a bug with some URLs …
Another bugfix for some devices that would not display the settings-theme correct and for an annoying bug that would prevent GeOrg from starting up.