Just a small update fixing display of Mapsforge-maps without themes.
Following the last release, here’s an update mainly providing some necessary bugfixes:
- Support for Mapsforge-Themes. Online-Documentation is still on my ToDo-List.
- Faster GPS-shutdown when GeOrg gets backgrounded
- Bugfix when trying to open cache online
- Crashfix when doing car-navigation
- A lot more bugfixes. Read more
I’m not quite done fixing all the stuff that you people report, so expect at least one more bugfix-release.
It has taken nearly a year for a new version of GeOrg. Sorry I left you waiting so long. Hopefully the next update is coming up quicker. This is what’s in the new release:
- Support for Mapsforge-Maps. This is pretty straight forward to use. Expect a short tutorial here on the site soon, though. Warning: Larger maps might lead to OutOfMemory-problems on older devices (e.g. full germany map on HTC Desire)
- Cache-Page remembers last fontsize set
- Automatically determining name for offlinemap
- Reworked Location-Code to be more consistent and avoid error with android 4.1.2
- Reworked attachment-import, hopefully finally fixed now
- When routing-calculation fails, don’t automatically switch to offroad, but ask the user instead
- Tons of bugfixes. Read more
I’m currently working on a new connector-sample. In the meantime – there is a 3rd-party connector using the official GC-API available at Google Play.
I just uploaded a new version of GeOrg to fix some serious issues that a few of you reported. Some features also crept in ^^
- The state (scrollposition, content shown) of the last 5 listings you viewed is now remembered by GeOrg and restored when you next open these caches.
- Support for new Groundspeak attributes
- The theme is displayed correctly at the settings pages on devices from all manufacturers.
- Fixed problems related to Android 4.0 and related to the GPS-implementation of some of the newer phones
- Fixed a problem with automatic Day/Night-Theme-change.
- Fixes for german translation
Next on the list is the broken connector-sample as well as the official Groundspeak API. Stay tuned.
Updated the connector sample to version 1.0.9. Changes:
- Fixed a bug related to Android 4.0 and HTTPS-Requests.
There are some more bugs occuring with some of the newer devices and android-versions. An update for GeOrg is on its way.
The connector sample is now at version 1.0.7. Changes:
- Fixed a bug with spoiler-handling.
- Fixed a bug concerning userdata.
Many of you have contacted me asking if GeOrg will continued to be maintained. It has been a pretty busy time for me lately and I couldn’t put as much effort into GeOrg as I would have liked to. Of course, development on GeOrg will continue. Please be patient if some updates take a bit longer.
The connector sample is now at version 1.0.6. Changes:
- Fixed a bug with some URLs …
Another bugfix for some devices that would not display the settings-theme correct and for an annoying bug that would prevent GeOrg from starting up.
This is a minor bugfix release, which mainly targets crashes that occur when importing caches from mail-attachments. Apart from that – the order in which field notes are displayed has now been reversed – latest founds are displayed first.
GeOrg 1.1.9 is available on the Android Market. For a detailed list of changes, please have a look at the Changelog. These are the main features in this release:
GeOrg can now be translated to other languages. 1.1.9 has been translated to german, something that has been requested a lot from our german user-base. Generally GeOrg determines the active language by checking your system-settings. If you do have a phone set to german locale but would like to keep the english version of GeOrg that you got used to, you can switch languages in the Settings.
- Solver: ASCII:
The “Char to Number”-Solver now features an ASCII-mode
- Navigation by 3rd-party apps:
In the Settings you can activate a new navigation-option, that gets displayed whenever you initiate a navigation. Selecting this option issues a so-called “Intent” to the operating system, signalling that you “intend” to do a navigation . Apps subscribe to these “Intents” and offer to take over the task: you get a popup listing the apps that are able to do navigation. Choose your preferred app and that app will be started – hopefully in navigation-mode. We already tested this with the “Navigon Select” app, if you have feedback for other apps that work or don’t work, we’d be interested to hear from you.
- Support for Locus-SQLite-Maps:
You can now create offline-maps with the Android app Locus in SQLite-format and then select these maps as offline-maps in GeOrg.
A lot of bugs got fixed in this release. For a more detailed list, check the Changelog
Next, I will finish the german translation of this website and try to answer all the emails that kept piling up during development for 1.1.9 before I start with 1.2.0. Happy caching!
A bug with the Zip-Import from email-attachments has been reported and fixed. GeOrg is now at version 184.108.40.206.